At Soda Jerks, we serve mouth-watering burgers all day long, so we know a thing or two about them. Here are some mind-blowing burger facts from your favorite burger place in Edmonton:
- The most expensive burger ever sold was called the FleurBurger 5000. It was made of Kobe beef, foie gras, and black truffles and came with a bottle of Chateau Petrus. It was sold at the Fleur de Lys in Las Vegas for a whopping $5,000!
- In 2012 in Minnesota, USA, the largest hamburger in the world was made at Black Bear Casino Resort. It weighed 913.54 kg by itself, and it was topped with 22.68 kg of lettuce, 23.81 kg of tomatoes, 8.62 kg of pickles, 27.22 kg of onion, 7.48 kg of bacon, and 18.14 kg of cheese.
- Burgers account for 60 percent of sandwiches sold worldwide!
- The Hamburger Hall of Fame is a museum in Seymour, Wisconsin, USA. Burger lovers can go there to find out all about the glorious history of the hamburger.
- In 2009, Burger King launched the “Whopper Sacrifice” campaign, which offered a free hamburger for anyone who unfriended ten of their Facebook friends. The campaign ended 233,906 online friendships before it was shut down.
- PETA, the animal rights organization, offered $15,000 to Hamburg, New York, USA to change their town’s name to Veggieburg.
Here’s a fact you probably already know: burgers are delicious! Now that you are so well-informed about burgers, don’t you want to eat one? Give into your craving at your favorite burger place in Edmonton, Soda Jerks! You can build the burger of your dreams with our variety of buns, toppings, and sauces. Come join us for a burger today!